What is the Greene Walks Contest?
The 2023 Greene Walks contest began on September 5th and runs until October 31st.
- It’s a FREE 8-week program to help you create lifelong habits to reduce obesity and other chronic diseases.
- You will receive support and motivation throughout the contest and a weekly tracker will help you log your successes.
- Complete the Walking Challenge to be entered to win one of four $125 cash prizes.
- Walk Only participants will track their minutes of walking each week and submit their tracker at the end of 8 weeks.
- Complete the Walk & More Challenge to be entered to win one of two weekly $50 cash prizes AND at the end of 8 weeks, one of four $250 cash prizes!
- In addition to tracking minutes of walking, Walk & More participants will also complete a different healthy challenge each week. At the end of the 8 weeks, minutes of walking and completed healthy challenges will both be submitted.
- All participants who complete the program will receive a Greene Walks t-shirt!
- Kick-Off Walking Clinic
- End of Program Community Walk (free to all participants)
Walk Into Good Health
Learn more about the benefits of walking and how to better perfect your form along with other tips.
Greene County Walking Trails
Walking is a great way to begin or continue an exercise program. There are many walking and hiking trails in our area, click here to view our maps to get started or to find new trails to explore.
To promote a Healthy Lifestyle among Greene County residents. We support residents with programs through exercise opportunities, healthier food options, and support for those struggling with eating disorders.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Engaging in physical activity can help you reach and maintain a healthy weight. There are many opportunities for physical activity in Greene County and it is a beautiful time to get outside and enjoy the scenery. Here are some of our local favorites to help you get started. Learn More >