Greene County Rural Health Network
Mini-Grants for Local Organizations
Awarded Mini-Grants for 2022
The organizations and their programs that were awarded this year: Cairo Public Library to provide Yoga for Seniors; Community Action of Greene County, Inc., to purchase “Good & Cheap” healthy recipe books; Heermance Public Library to purchase ingredients for healthy eating kits; Mountain Top Library to provide chair yoga and a mental wellness field trip to students of Hunter Tannersville middle/high school; Resurrection Lutheran Church to purchase nutritious snacks for Cairo Durham’s weekend backpack program; NAMI Capital Region, Inc. to provide mental health support and classes both online and in person; and Breast Options, Inc. to provide free massages to people undergoing breast cancer treatments.
- Purpose: to help organizations promote programs that are consistent with the Network’s mission to improve the health status of Greene County residents. We will give preference to proposals that are consistent with our current program priorities such as weight-loss, good nutrition, exercise, alcohol and drug abuse prevention, improved mental health, prevention and improved management of diabetes, and improved compliance with health screening guidelines for breast cancer. Applicants are welcome, however, to submit proposals other than the aforementioned preferences.
- Ineligible Funding Purposes. Funds cannot be used for buying an ad in a brochure or booklet.
- Greene County Beneficiaries “Only”
- Amount of Each Award: a cap of $1,500 per award or about 7 awards this year.
- Total Amount to be Expended by the RHN: $10,000
- Expenditure Period: Funds must be expended during the period January 1, 2022 – December 31, 2022. Funds can be used for a one-time event or an on-going activity.
- Recipient Type: for-profit & not-for-profit corporations or unincorporated associations with a tax ID; no government entities.
- A Special Note for Organizations Awarded Funds in 2021: If an organization was awarded funds in 2021, it is eligible for a 2022 award IF it has expended its 2021 funds by December 31 2021, and has submitted all the necessary receipts and a brief report on the results of its expenditures.
- Pre- and Post-funding – we will provide an award to an organization either before (pre-) it has expended any of its own money due to its own fiscal limitations OR we can fund an organization after (post-) it has expended its own money.
- Accountability: recipients will submit receipts and a brief report on results.
- Simple Application: our on-line application is simple and brief.
- Submission deadline October 29, 2021, 5 PM
- – Awards Announcement: No later than early January, 2022.
Guidelines for Development of Proposals
We are requesting brief proposals. Your entire application should be no more than the equivalent of 2 pages! All sponsors of proposals are required to complete the following five items:
- Project Purpose. Briefly state how the project will help Greene County residents improve their health status. For example, how will it either promote weight-loss, better nutrition, exercise, alcohol and drug abuse prevention, improved mental health, prevention and improved management of diabetes, improved compliance with health screening guidelines for breast cancer, or some other objective? Funds may be used for practically any purpose as long as it promotes the health status of people in Greene County.
- Purpose of the Funding: List and describe the items, products, services, or fees that the award will pay for. You do NOT have to demonstrate sustainability of your project.
- Quantitative Measures. identify and explain the quantitative aspects of your proposal that can be used to measure its impact, e.g., number of people participating or served, number of training sessions conducted, amount of educational materials distributed, etc.
- Identify the geographic area of Greene County that your proposal will cover (e.g., name the town or towns).
- Amount of Funding (not to exceed $1,500).
If you have questions, email Toni Carroll at firstname.lastname@example.org.