Greene County Rural Health Network
Mini-grants for Local Organizations
- Purpose: to help organizations promote their programs that are also consistent with the Network’s mission to improve the health status of Greene County residents. We will give preference to proposals that are consistent with our current program priorities such as weight-loss, good nutrition, exercise, alcohol and drug abuse prevention, improved mental health, prevention and improved management of diabetes, and improved compliance with health screening guidelines for breast cancer and colorectal cancer. Applicants are welcome, however, to submit proposals other than the aforementioned preferences.
- Ineligible Funding Purposes. Funds cannot be used for buying an ad in a brochure or booklet.
- Greene County Beneficiaries “Only”
- Amount of Each Award: a cap of $1,500 per award or about 7 awards this year
- Total Amount to be Expended by the RHN: $10,000
- Expenditure Period: Funds must be expended by December 31, 2019. Funds can be used for a one-time event or an on-going activity.
- Recipient Type: for-profit & not-for-profit corporations or unincorporated associations with a tax ID; no government entities.
- Pre- and Post-funding – we will provide an award to an organization either before (pre-) it has expended any of its own money due to its own fiscal limitations OR we can fund an organization after (post-) it has expended its own money.
- Accountability: recipients will submit receipts and a brief report on results.
- Simple Application: our on-line application is simple and brief.
- Publicize the grant program Aug 27-Sept 14
- Proposal development period September 15 – October 19
- Submission deadline Oct 19, 5 PM
- Awards Announcement: No later than December 1, 2018
Guidelines for Development of Proposals
We are requesting brief proposals. Your entire application should be no more than 2 pages! All sponsors of proposals are required to complete the following eight items. Points are given for the first four items but we ask that you also complete items 5-8 for our records.
- Overview (25 points): give us a brief overview of your proposal.
- Funding Objective (25 points): List its key objective(s) and how your proposal will achieve this objective(s).
- Justification (25 points): Justify the need for funds for your proposal. How will it either fill a gap in healthcare services, increase access to health care, enhance its quality, or improve its efficiency, etc. Funds may be used for practically any purpose as long as it promotes the health status of people in Greene County. You do NOT have to demonstrate sustainability of your project.
- Quantitative Measures (25 points): identify and explain the quantitative aspects of your proposal that can be used to measure its impact, e.g., number of people participating or to be served, number of training or educational sessions conducted, amount of educational materials distributed, etc.
- Identify the geographic area of Greene County that your proposal will cover (e.g., name the town or towns); No points for this item.
- List the resources you will contribute, if any. Consider staff time, office space and equipment, supplies, cash, etc.; No Points for this item.
- Describe how your proposal will be coordinated with other programs and services in the County, if applicable; No points for this item.
- Amount of Funding (not to exceed $1,500); No points for this item.
If you have questions, email Ron Rouse at firstname.lastname@example.org.